Brain Games


The brain is a muscle, and I'm a kind of body-builder.
Karl Lagerfeld





After a very relaxing Christmas and a gloomy January my brain can sometimes get a little sluggish... even remembering what day it is can be a challenge!!  However not this year, this year I discovered a few brain trainers of my own...





Over Christmas I spent many an evening huddled over a scrabble board next to a log fire, challenging my opponents to game after game.





It really is good fun to test your brain and your spelling skills, it's also much more strategic than how I remeber playing it as a child (making sure you land on the 'triple word' square and not your opponent!)


So with my new love of scrabble, after Christmas I downloaded the 'Words with Friends' app so that I could play anytime, anywhere...  


It is such good fun!  I can have a number of games on the go and can play against any of my friends or relatives.  My dad has taken a particular liking to the game and is constantly now on his iPad trying to beat my brothers or I! 

It's a great game to keep the mind going!


A couple of weeks ago I was also introduced to the new quiz game 'Quiz Up' and it is my new found obsession!  Have you tried it yet?

There are a number of different topics and you can either challenge your friends or you can make new friends and play with somebody on the other side of the world!! 





I have never been that much of a huge game player and app downloader (nope I have never played Candy Crush or Angry Birds...!) however, my boyfriend introduced me to this and I can't stop playing it!  It's even better when I beat him at it - especially math!!


The topics include general knowledge, 2013, math, money and my favorites 'logos', 'Friends' and 'Harry Potter'! Quiz Up really is so addictive, I introduced my friend to it on Friday evening and she messaged on Sunday to say she had played 100 games since then!!  I'm not quite up to 100 yet.....!





The only thing to note with Quiz Up is that it is quite American.... some questions are aimed more at American culture and history than British but hey, you get to learn something new!

If only I had more time to sit and play......



On another note an app that I have just started using (late on the bandwagon I know) and must share with you if you haven't heard of it already is Yplan.  This is the perfect 'going out' app and is available in both London and New York.  






You enter when you want to go out and it tells you what events are on in your city and can book them for you in seconds.  You can even tailor your results to suit your preferences!





You'll never be stuck not knowing what to do with your evening again!


Also, if you are in a city that you feel could benefit from YPlan drop them a message - hello@yplanapp.com and hopefully they will spread their wings over to you very soon!


Happy playing!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About